Thursday, February 17, 2011

On A Music High

Good music + good weather = good mood. A sure recipe for success. Today was perfect in that respect. I spent two of my free periods outside basking in the sun with my friends. Then I had crew practice where we got to run outside, an activity I usually loathe. Today I was booking. Nothing could keep me from running. It was amazing.

Then I get home and tell my friend Aaron that I bought tickets to the Streetlight Manifesto concert in our area. He was super excited (as am I- it's going to rock!) and then he imparted a bit of interesting news: there are three opening bands, and one of them is Larry and His Flask. So I watched the very video that is linked here, and my first reaction was "Oh. My. God. These guys are AMAZING!" My second reaction was "Beards", followed by "That bassist is INSANE!" and "I can't believe I'll get to see them live!"

To cap it all off, the Strokes came out with a new single called Under Cover of Darkness. It's honestly my favorite song of 2011 and I can't wait for the full album to come out. I've been listening to the song on replay and I still can't get enough.

It seems that music is my drug.

No comments:

Post a Comment