Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chance Encounters

What do you do when random strangers start talking to you in movie theaters? What do you do if they look to be about your age, are of  the opposite sex, and quite good looking? Not get their number or their last name, that's what.

It's not often I get chatted up by random guys, so I was quite surprised. I was talking about Star Trek, of all things. To my sister. About how the movie was awesome, the first original series was amazing, and everything in between just wasn't as good. Eavesdropping boy jumps in with "I agree with everything you're saying." We then proceeded to talk about Dr. Who and how I haven't gotten a chance to watch it, the impending trailers (Cowboys and Aliens), the Harry Potter movie (which we were there for), and other random things, mostly nerdy.

I didn't swallow my tongue, I didn't say anything, or do anything, stupid. This is quite an accomplishment for me. Of course, my parents wanted to leave right as the movie ended, so I didn't have time to ask for his last name or his number or email address. So go chance encounters: fleeting, pretty fun, random, and mostly a one time thing. The trick is to prolong them, or distract your parents enough to make them count.

No comments:

Post a Comment