Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

I know I'm a little late, but I feel I think better after a couple of days to digest things (no pun intended). Today I realized how thankful I am for my friends. It seems really amazing that out of all the random people I could meet and get to know, I have a whole group of phenomenal people who I call friends. Statistically, I feel that this shouldn't be possible. There are 3 billion people in the world- how is it that I find some of the most caring, sensitive, and brilliant of those 3 billion? I know this is all opinion, but it's an opinion that boggles my mind.

A scene comes to mind here. It's from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book, not movie) when the trio goes to visit Xenophilius Lovegood. They go upstairs and come across Luna's room. On her ceiling there are painted faces of Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, and Neville. Around these faces are fine gold chains, which turn out to be the word "friends" spelled out thousands of times in gold ink. I wish I could tell my friends how much I love them like that. It's a fitting tribute to some of the best people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment