Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cold. Very, Very Cold.

In the past couple of days the temperatures have DROPPED. Majorly. In our house the radiators (we have a 100 year old house, so no central heating!) are constantly on, which is nice because I use them to warm up my clothes in the mornings. The cats are finding high ground and warm, cushy places to sleep, and the dog spends most of his time on his dog bed or next to a radiator. All of us are settling in for the cold weather. When I leave for school in the morning, it's usually around 25 degrees out, and yesterday there was a little snow. I'm having to resign myself to the fact that winter's finally here.

I don't mind winter in and of itself, I just have to get used to it. It's not the best time of year, but there's something satisfying about being somewhere warm and looking out the window and knowing it's cold out. And there's always the added plus of being able to give random hugs when you're cold, in a shared interest to stay warm... so winter is really a very cozy time. I just wish it wasn't so cold! But then it wouldn't be winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment